Specific aims of the M. Sc. Economics Degree are given below:
- Development of sound theoretical knowledge of the subject.
- Application of economic theories and enhancing problem solving ability.
- Coverage of new areas of specialization, as per market needs.
- Preparation for advanced studies leading to M. Phil. and Ph.D.
- Training to produce quality teachers, researchers and policy makers.
- Dissemination of comprehensive knowledge focused at applied and quantitative economics.
- Equip the students with postgraduate level knowledge and skill comparable to the top standards at national institutions.